A few weekends ago I was lounging with/on Brent and reading blogs, when he asked me “How is your blog doing?” I laughed and replied “Haha, how do you think? I don’t post anymore!” He asked me why I don’t post and encouraged me to get back at it.
I thought about it and have come up with some reasons I don’t post:
- My pictures aren’t awesome like some of my favorite bloggers
- I don’t get 50+ comments
- No $$ making for my lowly blog
- Trying to mimic other bloggers was exhausting
- I’m boring
- Jealousy over popular bloggers’ perks and blog generated swag. If I don’t have a blog I don’t feel bad about not getting the perks.
- WordPress confuses me
- COMPARISON made me feel like CRAP
But his encouraging words and memories of my first blog (way back from 2004 – 2009, before blogs were even that common!) have pushed me to give it a go….again….
No promises or guarantees on frequency or that I’ll be funny or even mildly entertaining.
But you’ll be getting ME!