Currently Brent is sleeping off a sugar coma, while we are on a mini-getaway to celebrate our THREE year wedding anniversary!
Here is last week’s highlights:
- Driving in a different state (first time!)
- Taking my parent’s out for my dad’s birthday
- Eating frosting off 3 pieces of birthday cake
- First outdoor run in 2011 wearing shorts/skirt and short sleeve shirt
- Teaching my first Girls on Track lesson on popularity and cliques
- Saying “No thanks” to office treats of oreos, strawberry cream bread, strawberry rhubarb pie, donuts from a good bakery and birthday cake.
- Feeling so empowered when I say “no”, instead of feeling deprived.
- Parents taking us out for fish for our anniversary
- Getting up at 4:50 am to run (no really, a highlight because I’ve been very bad with the snooze button lately)
- Watching a hot pink sunrise for a couple miles
- Seeing Brent at mile 9 of my run! I went crazy waving!
- Running 12.6 miles with a slow but strong pace, no pain, no mental battles, nothing bad!
That brings us to the getaway, which I’ll recap later! Also stay tuned for a wedding recap (picture heavy) and a honeymoon recap later this week!