I'm Katie. I live in Northern Michigan (aka "the tip of the mitt") and enjoy leading a semi-fit life. I like working out and baking with butter and sugar.
- accomplishments Baby baking bat beauty birthday Brent cake canning clothes cookies Deal Donating Emily Fail family Fill in the blank finances friends fruit games Girls on Track Hannah influece conference injury inspiration love Me Oatmeal pancakes pizza puke random recipe Red running shereadstruth shopping sick Summer Things I don't like Tigers to-do Traverse City UP Vacation wedding winter work Workouts
Tag Archives: Fill in the blank
1. Something that makes me a great friend is, I remember the small things! I know some friends/co-workers who like their brownies plain chocolate (nothing extra) and always try to make at least half a batch to suit them.
2. I am stuffed with banana pancakes, bacon and an over easy egg….YUM!
3. I am not a night owl!
4. If I had to describe myself in 3 words, they would be Princess, wife, silly.
5. Something I’m really cheap about is most things! I love second hand shopping! I’ve never had better clothes and I got most of them from second hand stores. I just picked up a new pair of black slides (with tags still on) for $2 from Salvation Army the other day!
$6 brand new second hand dress!
6. Something I’m willing to splurge on is experiences! We just booked our first cruise!
7. I would trade a carpeted dining room for hard wood in a heartbeat.
It is Fill-in the Blank
Friday Sunday. Again, 2 days late, but whose counting? Care to play? Head over to Lauren’s and join the fun!
1. The best prank I ever pulled was barely a prank, but I remember telling Papa that my sister’s head was stuck in the clothes hamper and he went to help free her and it was all a joke. Funny when you are 10!
2. The best prank ever pulled on me was Not really a prank, but Brent said that getting engaged was in the 2 year plan the day before he proposed, so I though he was joking with me! After he got done asking me, I replied with “Are you joking?!?!” I thought he was pranking me!
3. A day without love is a day wasted.
4. The most important things in life are faith in Jesus, family + friends that love you and you love back.
5. I dream of a sub 2 hour half-marathon, Hannah moving back to Michigan, an organized house, finding my crafty side and going on a cruise!
6. I dread the sound of the alarm, my doctor’s appointment tomorrow and a day without Brent.
7. A discovery I made this week was vanilla GU not only gives me a needed kick on a long run, but taste awesome and has caffeine. Is it bad that I want to eat it for a snack?
1. My most prized possession is my choppy pillow! My mom made this pillow out of chopped foam and I’ve had it for years! I take it everywhere with me, it is REQUIRED for me to even have a shot at a good nights sleep!
2. If I could be one age for the rest of my life, I would want to be 24. I loved being t mature (a girl can dream!) and have some wisdom, but I still feel young and in awe at times. Plus, it was before we lost 5 loved ones.
3. The best way to spend a weekend is by sleeping in, going out for breakfast and doing something with friends (preferably a bonfire or the beach!) and a good workout.
4. My outlook on life is that Don’t worry about what you can’t control!
5. If you want to annoy me talk excessively loud on the phone, ask questions but don’t wait for answers and have a bonfire without marshmallows!
6. I am completely defenseless when it comes to sugar – especially buttercream frosting and ice cream!
7. When dressing for the day one should check the weather, consider how long you’ll be on your feet and how much food you plan on eating!