Let me be honest. I SUCK AT BLOGGING! I have at least one blog post in my brain each day and I just don’t prioritize blogging. I also don’t prioritize putting away clean laundry.
I did 3 things I never thought I’d do in 2011 and barely touched on them on the blog. Maybe a recap of each will be in my future. But don’t hold your breath. In chronological order:
– Ran across the Mackinaw Bridge! My fear of heights was kicked to the curb to accomplish this feat and it was awesome! Even more spectacular was the rainbow we saw.
– Went to watch the Detroit Tiger’s play the Texas Rangers in the American League Championship Series! The Tiger’s won the game we attended but lost the series 😦
– Went on a 5 day Western Caribbean cruise! It was an awesome vacation!!
In 2012 there are a few things I hope to accomplish, but I’m not really ready to go public with 2 of them (and no, babies are not on the list!).
#1 is related to my professional (haha)/career
#2 is related to my relationship with Brent
and the third I am making public in hopes that I’ll stick with it…
#3 Run a 2 hour (or less!) half-marathon!!!!! This seems crazy far-fetched right now and I’ll have to shave about 12 minutes off my time. I’ll need to actually complete speed work (gag!) and push myself to keep my pace up. But I’m looking forward to completing a half-marathon with a goal beyond simply finishing.
It is Fill-in the Blank
Friday Sunday. Again, 2 days late, but whose counting? Care to play? Head over to Lauren’s and join the fun!
1. The best prank I ever pulled was barely a prank, but I remember telling Papa that my sister’s head was stuck in the clothes hamper and he went to help free her and it was all a joke. Funny when you are 10!
2. The best prank ever pulled on me was
Not really a prank, but Brent said that getting engaged was in the 2 year plan the day before he proposed, so I though he was joking with me! After he got done asking me, I replied with “Are you joking?!?!” I thought he was pranking me!
3. A day without love is a day wasted.
4. The most important things in life are faith in Jesus, family + friends that love you and you love back.
5. I dream of a sub 2 hour half-marathon, Hannah moving back to Michigan, an organized house, finding my crafty side and going on a cruise!
6. I dread the sound of the alarm, my doctor’s appointment tomorrow and a day without Brent.
7. A discovery I made this week was vanilla GU not only gives me a needed kick on a long run, but taste awesome and has caffeine. Is it bad that I want to eat it for a snack?
Today I saved up to THREE lives!! Am I a paramedic or a doctor? Heck no! Blood makes me sick! Then how was I able to save those lives? I donated blood through the American Red Cross!
How do I give blood if I hate the sight of blood? Easy, I don’t look! I close my eyes when they prick my finger to test my iron and I close my eyes when I donate. It is easy and takes about an hour! The best part is wearing the “Be nice to me I gave blood today” sticker and eating a cookie when done.
Today was my fastest time yet, 5 minutes and 30 seconds to fill the bag! I laid back, squeezed the ball and sang along (in my head) to the radio. Before I knew it, I was done and eating a peanut cluster and drinking grape juice.
My first time giving was in August and I’ve given 3 times since!
Do you give blood? Why not?
Before we go too far I think there are a few things you should know about me. This is sort of like those email surveys I used to get when I was in middle school, when Hotmail and MSN Messenger ruled and my friend’s parents drove us to the mall on weekends. Cuz we were cool and got to the go the big city (Traverse City) on Saturdays.
About Me Survey (revised some)
My Name: Katie Mae (Mae is also my grandma’s middle name)
My Age: 25
My Birthday: February 27, 1985
Siblings: 2 Sisters – Emily and Hannah
Emily and I
Hannah and I
My Hair Color: Light Brown – Dark Brown with or without highlights, red or other color
My Eye Color: Brown
My Job: Community Mental Health Affiliation Administrative Assistant
The School I Go To: Graduated from Northern Michigan Christian High School and Ferris State University (Go Bulldogs!)
My Favorite Color: Pink
My Favorite Food: Oatmeal
Any Pets?: 2 cats, Baby and Red
Coke or Pepsi?: Coke
McDonalds, Burger King or Wendy’s?: McDonalds – they have oatmeal!
Day or Night?: Morning
Kisses or Hugs?: Both
Your Best Friend: Brent (my husband)
Where did you meet?: on the internet, first date was at a wedding, second date was at a wedding
Stay tuned for more!